Goals of Treatment & List of Conditions:
Asian Bodywork Therapy support our body’s natural healing abilities as we strive to achieve optimal health. Often described as Meridian Therapy or Body-Mind Therapy because of its integrative and holistic approach, the benefits of Oriental Medicine can be described in BioMedical terms.
Feel free to look though the my research page for a sampling of studies or read Chinese Medicine Demystified (Part IV): How Acupuncture Works an article I enjoyed reading because of its pragmatic way of describing our work. Please keep in mind that there is more research and literature available regarding Acupuncture, however the same principles can be applied to Asian Bodywork Therapy, with the exception of needle insertion. Both forms of therapy apply similar theories and treatment principles, separated primarily by the treatment strategy of needles vs touch. I use Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Japanese Shiatsu principles as the foundation for clinical assessment and treatment planning.
In addition to promoting overall health, I have listed a sampling of some of the reasons people seek out treatment.
- ADD/AHHD (mid-moderate)
- Anxiety, Depression and Emotional Resilience
- Blood Pressure and Circulation
- Cancer (easing the side effects of treatment)
- Digestive Issues i.e. IBD/IBS
- Headaches, Migraines, Stress, Insomnia
- Pain i.e. back, neck, hand, knee, joint, carpal tunnel, fibromyalgia, RSI
- PMS, Menopause and Fertility
- Recovery from Surgery and Illness
- Wellness and Vitality
Asian Bodywork Therapy is suitable for people of all ages, including children and seniors.